Hours of Operation
Woodlawn and Frank Lloyd Wright's Pope-Leighey House are open April-December, long weekends, Friday through Monday, from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. We are not open to the public Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. MONDAY, AUGUST 28, WOODLAWN MANSION WILL BE CLOSED.
The last tour of Woodlawn begins at 3:00 PM, and the last tour of Pope-Leighey House begins at 3:30. If you would like to tour both houses, it is best to arrive by 2:00 PM at the latest.
Please be advised:
- Our Woodlawn mansion is not equipped with air conditioning. For the well-being of visitors and staff, and to be in compliance with state worker safety regulations, the house may be closed without advanced notice when interior temperatures reach over 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Pope-Leighey is air conditioned, but closings will be at the discretion of museum staff. We appreciate your understanding.
Purchasing Tickets to Both Houses
All tour tickets are purchased either onsite at the Woodlawn mansion or online. Scroll down below for the link to online ticketing.
ON MONDAY, AUGUST 28, WOODLAWN MANSION WILL BE CLOSED DUE TO ELECTRICAL RENOVATIONS. THE POPE-LEIGHEY HOUSE WILL BE OPEN 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. BUT TICKETING WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE ONLY THAT DAY, UP TO 24 HOURS AHEAD. OUR GIFT SHOP WILL BE CLOSED. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!
Tours generally last 30-40 minutes at each house. When planning on touring both houses, please be patient as we make sure to slot you in with adequate time to see both properties. Your online ticket is a guide to the general time frame, but we may adjust this to accommodate you once you arrive.
Access the entrance to Woodlawn through a brick path from the parking lot and check in at the mansion house.
Please note: the Pope-Leighey House is a 5-7 minute walk from the Woodlawn mansion. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for a tour of the Pope-Leighey House if that is in your itinerary, to allow enough time to purchase your ticket and walk to the house. Due to the small interior at the Pope-Leighey House, tours are limited to no more than 16 visitors per group and therefore, there may be to be a longer waiting time on weekends. The last tour of the day is almost always sold out at Pope-Leighey.
We suggest you plan to arrive earlier in the day on weekends OR scroll down and purchase your ticket online below.
Students (K-12): $6
Seniors (62+)/Active Military with ID: $8
5 & under free
Students (K-12): $7.50
Seniors (62+)/Active Military with ID: $12
5 & under free
Combination Ticket (both houses):
Students (K-12): $11
Seniors (62+)/Active Military with ID: $18
5 & under free
Online ticketing is now available for all regular public tour types and special events. Click here for our online ticketing calendar.
- All visitors must be accompanied by a guide while visiting the site. This includes National Trust members. The grounds of the property close at 4:00 p.m., except for special events and programs.
- You may take photographs of the exterior of the house and the grounds, without restriction. Photography is permitted within the house for personal use. Please, no flash photography is permitted inside our historic houses.
- While visiting, no dogs are allowed without a leash. We respectfully ask that you never leave a pet in your vehicle.
- There is handicapped parking for vehicles (with stickers) in the parking lot.
- In the event of inclement weather we follow the Fairfax County Public Schools schedule.
National Trust for Historic Preservation members pay half-price admission, as do members of the International Reciprocal Program: The Australian National Trust, Barbados National Trust, Heritage Canada Foundation, Gelderland Trust, Japan National Trust, National Trust for Scotland and New Zealand Historic Trust.