Hours of Operation
Both Woodlawn mansion and Frank Lloyd Wright's Pope-Leighey House are open Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday (including holiday Mondays), from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. We are not open to the public Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
The last tour of either house begins at 3:00 PM.
If you would like to tour both houses, please allow at least 2 hours for your visit.
Please call us for information about your visit during our open hours above ONLY: 703-780-4000
We are unable to always respond to emails in real time. For immediate assistance, please call us. WE CLOSE FOR REGULAR TOURS MID-DECEMBER UNTIL APRIL 2018, SO DO VISIT SOON!
Purchasing Tickets to Both Houses
All tour tickets can be purchased EITHER onsite at the Woodlawn mansion or online up until 24 hours before the day of tour. Tickets may sell out online and still be available on site. Please call 703-780-4000 during business hours only for information about that day's availability.
To purchase online, you may CLICK HERE
INFORMATION ABOUT TOURS:
Tours generally last 40 minutes at each house. When planning on touring both houses, please be patient as we make sure to slot you in with adequate time to see both properties. Your online ticket is a guide to the general time frame, but we may adjust this to accommodate you once you arrive.
Access the entrance to Woodlawn mansion through a brick path from the parking lot and check in at the mansion house. If you want to purchase Pope-Leighey tickets for the same day of your visit, please always come to Woodlawn mansion to buy your tickets. There are no tickets available for sale at the Pope-Leighey House itself.
Walking to our houses: Woodlawn mansion is only a few steps away from the visitor parking lot. The Pope-Leighey House is a 5-7 minute walk from the Woodlawn mansion. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for a tour of the Pope-Leighey House if that is in your itinerary, to allow enough time to purchase your ticket and walk back to the house. Due to the small interior at the Pope-Leighey House, tours are limited to no more than 16 visitors per group and therefore, there may be to be a longer waiting time on weekends. The last tour of the day is almost always sold out at Pope-Leighey.
We suggest you plan to arrive earlier in the day on weekends or CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE TICKETS!
Students (K-12): $6
Seniors (62+)/Active Military with ID: $8
5 & under free
Students (K-12): $7.50
Seniors (62+)/Active Military with ID: $12
5 & under free
Combination Ticket (both houses):
Students (K-12): $11
Seniors (62+)/Active Military with ID: $18
5 & under free
Additional Visitor Information
- All visitors must be accompanied by a guide while visiting the site. This includes National Trust members. The grounds of the property close at 4:00 p.m., except for special events and programs.
- You may take photographs of the exterior of the house and the grounds, without restriction. Photography is permitted within the house for personal use. Please, no flash photography is permitted inside our historic houses.
- While visiting, no dogs are allowed without a leash. We respectfully ask that you never leave a pet in your vehicle.
- There is handicapped parking for vehicles (with stickers) in the visitor parking lot. Please check in at Woodlawn mansion ahead if you need assistance. For more information, please call the main number 703-480-4000.
- In the event of inclement weather we follow the Fairfax County Public Schools schedule.
- Please be advised: Our Woodlawn mansion is not equipped with air conditioning. For the well-being of visitors and staff, and to be in compliance with state worker safety regulations, the house may be closed without advanced notice when interior temperatures reach over 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Pope-Leighey is air conditioned, but closings will be at the discretion of museum staff. We appreciate your understanding.
National Trust for Historic Preservation members pay half-price admission, as do members of the International Reciprocal Program: The Australian National Trust, Barbados National Trust, Heritage Canada Foundation, Gelderland Trust, Japan National Trust, National Trust for Scotland and New Zealand Historic Trust.